Headcount Solutions is seeking a Senior EHS Specialist for our client’s pharmaceutical facility in Cork. This person will assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and review of Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) programmes to ensure compliance with regulatory, corporate and industry requirements.
· Support EHS reviews & assessments, including EHS by Design.
· Incident & accident investigation.
· EHS communication & training.
· Conduct EHS Impact Assessments (IA) to ensure that all EHSS requirements and client standards are in place.
· PTW / construction safety support for execution of projects..
· Support IA action closure tracking, Machine Safety, JSA’s, Chemical Risk Assessments, Noise, IH/Ergonomics etc.
· Support plant shutdowns – project walkdowns, RAMS review etc.
· Perform periodic walkdowns / audits / programme reviews to ensure compliance with safety and environmental permits, plans, policies and regulatory requirements.
· Assist in the preparation, implementation and review of EHS Procedures and other EHS documents appropriate to the scope of site activities
· Previous experience working to ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 international standards, preferably within a Biopharma/pharmaceutical or related environment is required.
· A relevant third level qualification in Science, Engineering or EHS, with at least 5 years’ experience in the environment, health and safety area is a prerequisite for the position.
· Previous experience in dealing with regulatory agencies.
· Experience with decommissioning / demolition projects is desirable.
· Familiarity with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 would be a distinct advantage.