As the Technical Lab Engineer within this Med-Tech company you will design tests to evaluate ionization technology, as well as other air purification technologies, existing in the market or to be developed or combined for product applications.
You will be working closely with a mixed discipline team of engineers including electronic hardware engineers, software engineers and mechanical engineers to support existing products and to support the development of the companies’ next generation of products.
The successful candidate will be required to design tests and automate them to enable taking a range of measurements to evaluate the technology under multiple conditions (for example, airflow, temperature, humidity, with various sources of contaminants, as well as map out the performance of the device in various test setups, and some specific measurements like ion readings in-duct at various locations within the duct cross section). Duties also include inspection and maintenance of test equipment and regular calibration of same.
The person shall also participate in design review meetings and provide input to the project in the form of ideas, drawings, data, and measurements.
The person shall have a can-do attitude and be willing to rise to the challenge of designing tests, field evaluation methods, troubleshooting, validating, and documenting his/her work. Also, the successful candidate may be required to travel as required by the business.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
· At least 5 years’ experience in engineering role related to test, evaluation, and automation
· BSc degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
· Experience in the use of programmable controllers or computer automation systems, hardware, and software.
· Familiar with following up established methods and international standards for evaluation (e.g. ASTM, ISO)
· Required to do analysis and interpretation of test and evaluation data and report outcomes.
· Good reporting practices and record keeping.
· Familiar with statistical methods for data analysis and software for these purposes (e.g., excel, Minitab)
· Troubleshooting test setups and equipment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Familiar with air sampling methods
· Experience in the use of computer-aided design (CAD) software
· Knowledge of communications and networking systems (wired or wireless)
· Knowledge of embedded programming for testing and evaluation (for example, use of Raspberry Pi, Arduino systems, or microcontrollers)