Seeking an Off-Shore Wind expert to join a specialised team involved in the planning, design, construction and maintenance service required for industry infrastructure projects both in Ireland and overseas. The consenting Project Specialist will work on development projects for consenting of new major offshore wind developments within Ireland and the UK, with responsibility for delivering the onshore environmental aspects and offshore marine environmental aspects of these developments through statutory consenting. They will have expert knowledge in the areas of environmental science, environmental legal compliance and consenting of major developments.
· Project Management of all environmental packages including:
– environmental inputs into planning permissions (including EIA, EIAR and AA)
– preparation of foreshore licence applications
– environmental obligations during construction
· Scope work packages, manage consultants, review technical reports and progress solutions to technical consenting issues.
· Provide technical advice and strategic direction to the OSW Project Team.
· Lead various feasibility and screening studies for offshore sites as required by ESB.
· Manage a project team to ensure the timely delivery of environmental inputs for projects and collaborate with other teams on various projects.
· Identify project work requirements and to initiate necessary work with limited oversight.
· A minimum of 7 years relevant experience is required.
· Engineering or Science related Degree
· Chartered Status and/or PMI qualification beneficial
· In depth knowledge and experience of the environmental requirements of major developments
(Strategic Infrastructure Development Act, Environmental Impact Assessment process, assessment under the EU Habitats Directive process, IE Licencing).
· A track record of successfully project managing consenting/development of significant offshore wind projects or aspects of these projects.
· Experience and ability to engage with team members to foster high performance and ensure delivery of objectives.
· Strong communication skills and stakeholder management.
· Demonstrated ability to conduct efficient decision making and problem solving in collaboration with other key internal stakeholders.
A strong commercial and project management capability.