Headcount Solutions is seeking an experienced Design Engineer to join a fast growing Med-Tech company that is delivering innovative solutions to clients in clean-air technology. As a Design Engineer, this is an opportunity for a creative and capable engineer to help devise and design industry leading products.
Working closely with a mixed discipline team of engineers including electronic hardware engineers, software engineers and mechanical engineers to produce the companies’ next generation of products. As a design engineer you will be involved in research, design and testing of standalone air purification equipment. The successful candidate will be required to participate in peer design reviews, have a can-do attitude and be willing to rise to the challenge of designing, troubleshooting, validating and documenting. Also, the successful candidate may be required to travel as required by the business.
· At least 5 years’ experience in an electro-mechanical hardware design role
· BSc degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
· Experience in the use of computer-aided design (CAD) software
· Knowledge of power supply design
· Integration and troubleshooting across engineering disciplines to bring products to market
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Low power analog and digital design knowledge
· PCB Layout (Altium designer, Cadstar, or similar)
· Familiarity with embedded firmware design including use of an RTOS
· Knowledge of communications and networking systems (wired or wireless)
· Experience designing for manufacturability and testability
· Knowledge of design for EMC
· Knowledge of reliability engineering