The role of the Electrical Project Engineer/Contracts Manager is to represent the best technical and commercial interests of the client(s) and act on their behalf on renewable development projects.
The Electrical Project Engineer/Contracts Manager will work in a team of highly skilled professionals dedicated to delivering projects to the satisfaction of key clients. The Electrical Project Engineer/Contracts Manager will help to deliver projects using a variety of turnkey and split-contract project methodologies, to modern international-best-practice. The Electrical Project Engineer/Contracts Manager will be required to engage with clients, contractors and colleagues to influence a successful outcome for the projects.
The key responsibilities of the Electrical Project Engineer/Contracts Manager are to provide a high level of project and contract management of the Electrical Balance of Plant on multiple generation projects. This includes a high level of safety standards in every aspect of the work:
· Preparation/updating of technical specifications, contractors’ scopes of work, technical schedules,
price schedules and other documents required to complete tender enquiry documentation, against
which tenderers will submit proposals
· Review and critically evaluate tenderers’ submissions and produce tender evaluation reports with
recommendations to purchase
· Negotiate with tenders to achieve for the client the best value for money available from the market
· Compile comprehensive contract documents for signature by the client and the contractor(s)
· Overall responsibility for safety as Project Supervisor Design Stage (PSDP). Preparation & review of
design risk assessments and project H&S plans for design & construction teams
· Contractor management and review of contractors’ design submissions against the functional
specifications, outline design and generic standards
· Inspect plant and materials in manufacturing plants, and works on site, to ensure the client’s
specifications are met and monitor progress against the contract
· Monitor contractor progress and certify progress payments accurately and correctly.
· Produce comprehensive and accurate monthly progress reports
· Ensure all work produced by the project team meets quality requirements
· Proactively address any issues especially those leading to or likely to lead to customer dissatisfaction
· Report any customer complaints to the relevant Project Manager
· Administration of the client’s contracts with appointed contractors
· Maintain a commercial focus, ensure invoicing is accurate and timely
· Monitor and control internal costs on projects
· Commercial support of project manager(s) to ensure delivery of a consistent service that meets
· Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of client’s needs and build relationships with
relevant key stakeholders
· Minimum of five years post-graduate experience in HV power industry.
· An understanding of Substation Tendering and Tender evaluations, scoping, planning, design, costing,
construction and commissioning
· Experience of working on renewable energy projects is desirable.
· Knowledge of Engineering, Procurement & Contract (EPC) projects
· Project management and contract management skills and knowledge
· A proven track record in delivering substation and/or HV Cables engineering projects
· The demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities
· Project Management Qualification
For immediate consideration, please forward your CV together with a covering note outlining your relevant experience to Andy Litchfield.