Headcount is seeking to recruit an Engineer to work in the utilities and facilities department. Reporting to the Associate Director, Utilities and Facilities, the Engineer will be work as part of the team to deliver utility services across the site.
The candidate will be an operational point of contact for utility equipment, operation and maintenance. This will include electrical systems, boilers, compressors, chillers, HVAC, water (potable/city/softened etc.), life safety systems etc. The candidate will manage Services Providers delivering Utility Services across the site to ensure the site is complying with all necessary Regulatory & Corporate Requirements.
The candidate will have responsibilities, including, but note limited to, those listed below;
· Working with a Service Provider to maximise the utilisation of the Utility related equipment. This will include optimisation of plant operation, maintenance plans, standard operating procedures, risk assessments etc. as well as ensuring a robust operation.
Ensuring that the utility maintenance standards are maintained to ensure safe and reliable operations by driving Reliability Excellence.
Pursuing & implementing new technologies & methodologies to meet a changing environment.
Development and manage services contracts and budgets with equipment vendors and Service Providers.
Liaising with Subject Matter Experts and Equipment Owners to ensure that equipment failures, performance or other issues are responded to promptly and appropriately.
Support Subject Matter Experts & Equipment Owners with investigations, equipment modifications and small projects support.
· Leading and completion of RCA as required and develop corrective and preventative actions as required.
· Partake in the development of the energy & water conservation management programs.
· Ensuring all the operating systems are in compliance with all Regulatory and Legal requirements including, EPA licence, Quality (cGDP/GMP’s), EHS, Global Engineering, design & construction directives, requirements & procedures.
· Participation in regulatory and corporate audits.
The successful candidate must possess Bachelors (Level 8) or Master’s Degree in a relevant Science/Engineering discipline with at least 8 years’ experience providing technical expertise on an operating site. Experience in a biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility is advantageous. Broad knowledge of Process Design, Good Manufacturing Practices, Maintenance systems, and industry regulations related to the manufacture of pharmaceutical products. Demonstrated ability to build and sustain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including Manufacturing, Quality, EHS, and local community and regulatory agencies to meet site and Business requirements.