Headcount Solutions is seeking an Environmental Officer for our client’s pharmaceutical facility in Dublin. This person will oversee and execute the activities of the environmental function on site as the main subject matter expert for Environmental Compliance.
· Develop and maintain the environmental management system.
· Act as the main regulatory contact point with the EPA and provide information to the agency as requested and notify relevant plant changes and environmental incidents / non-conformances in a timely manner.
· Ensure the department and the site is in compliance with all environmental statutory and regulatory requirements and that the site is ready at all times for regulatory, management system (ISO 14001) and corporate environmental/CSR audits.
· Compile and maintain the environmental legislative register and through involvement with external groups such as Biopharmachemical Ireland to ensure that site standards and interpretation of the legislation is consistent with the best industry practice.
· Support the Internal Audit Programme as per the schedule for ISO14001.
· In conjunction with other functions on site (facilities engineering and environmental operations), support the development and maintenance of the site’s Energy Management programme.
· Conduct audits of third party waste disposal companies.
· Responsible for clear and concise documentation of incident investigation reports for submission to the EPA or site Management Team and closeout in a timely manner.
· Participation in root cause investigations of environmental incidents on site and employment of critical thinking to focus on root causes and associated corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
· Provide operational support by supplying information and conduct / organize laboratory testing of samples to support the environmental operations section.
· Manage and/or participate in relevant site projects ensuring that environmental aspects receive appropriate consideration and evaluation as part of plant/process changes and/or other site projects.
· Liaise with third party contractors to ensure environmental compliance monitoring and lab testing is carried out as required and as per annual schedules.
· Provide guidance on Waste Management: work in conjunction with FESP (Facilities Engineering Service Provider) and Waste Management contractor to ensure waste generated on site is managed in compliance with all relevant IE license, Irish and EU legislative requirements. Conduct off-site audits of Waste Facilities if necessary. Support Environmental Officer to compile relevant waste related sections of the PRTR. Raise green forms as required.
· Ensure compliance with Integrity Testing Processes on site i.e. that Site Register for Integrity Testing of site drainage systems, bunding and underground tanks is maintained.
· Support the site’s KPI programme in particular for Environmental KPIs to ensure performance is monitored and maintained.
· Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards associated with cGMP including data integrity, ISO 14001, ISO45001, Health & Safety Legislation, Environmental Legislation, and also all site standards, policies, and procedures.
· Environmental Science Degree or Bachelor of Science with postgraduate diploma/ masters in environmental science required.
· Minimum of 8-10 years site-based environmental compliance experience working in a manufacturing pharmaceutical environment (preferably in a cGMP environment and on a site with an IPC licence) and ideally with a minimum of 2 to 3 years supervisory or management experience.
· Strong knowledge of Environmental Legislation/Regulation and current best practice.
· Proven track record of maintaining environmental compliance in a pharmaceutical company.
· Excellent Communication Skills required.
· Excellent team work skills to ensure successful working with the Environmental Officer, the wider EHS team and the other functional areas at the site.
For further information please contact Mick on 086-0435195 or forward details in confidence to [email protected]