Headcount is seeking to recruit a contract Project Manager to lead the management and execution of projects throughout the full project life cycle from initiation to closeout. The projects will include a diverse mix of capital and expense projects on Manufacturing, Labs, Process, Utilities and Automation/IT (AIT) systems.
Reporting to the Projects Programme Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of strategic projects and will have the capability to project manage multiple individual projects as the business requires. These will include manufacturing process projects supporting tech transfers and plant optimizations, lab equipment and capacity upgrades to support the tech transfers, and a range of projects across manufacturing and utilities.
The successful candidate will have frequent exposure to senior management as they execute projects that shape our overall strategy and transform our site into a best-in-class Biopharmaceutical facility. Project execution will focus on safety, schedule, and budget adherence while complying with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations and codes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accountable for meeting key project deliverables for safety, financial management, schedule management and scope management across these projects.
• Accountable for ensuring projects are compliant with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations and codes.
• Liaise with Global Engineering/Global EHS/Global Procurement to ensure all are aligned and support project deliverables.
• Accountable for strict adherence to Clients project stage-gate principles for managing the life-cycle of projects.
• Concept and Business Case development in collaboration with project Sponsor and End user, working with the end user to understand and clarify end user requirements, develop scope, cost and budget estimates and present to governance for approval
• Leading & supporting project teams through complex and significant projects Support and Mentor Junior/Intermediate PMs within the Projects Group.
• Financial management – develop project budgets, obtain approvals for and adhere to project scope. Negotiate with contractors and suppliers to keep project within budget. Make cash flow projections. Make effective use of SAP and budgeting tools.
• Manage project prioritization and spend to meet budgetary targets
• Project Design – Design solutions in compliance with local/corporate safety standards and legislation and in compliance with corporate engineering and regulatory standards and guidelines
• Planning and Scheduling – uses planning tools to hold a complex project on schedule and coordinate parallel activities. Coordinate with facilities, EHS, QA, etc. Manage external factors such as planning and inspections.
• Assure that value engineering, constructability reviews and similar processes are effectively utilized to minimize capital expenditures and maximize functional value.
• Risk Management – Identifies and categorizes project risks according to impact on scope, budget and schedule. Generates action plans to mitigate risks. Consider the potential impact construction and on time performance will have on the business should it cause an interruption and identify appropriate actions plans to mitigate risk.
• Project execution plan – Generate and deliver a detailed project execution plan concerning the execution of all aspects of the project.
• Procurement – Generate specifications for the procurement of equipment and Instrumentation, installation modification of equipment and systems, reduces equipment downtime. Collaborate with Procurement to ensure all procurement policies and procedures are followed.
• Innovation – seeks innovative and novel approaches for design, function and construction using operational excellence tools in improving approaches for these activities.
• Manage start-up and commissioning of all project equipment and systems as required Coordinate engineering support of validation activities for equipment and systems as required.
• Complete Project Close-out as per Stage Gate process.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
• A degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Automation/Process Engineering and relevant experience the pharmaceutical industry
• 3-7 years of project management experience across the project life-cycle within a Pharmaceutical environment.
• Demonstrable capacity to effectively manage and execute projects from initiation to completion:
o Full project lifecycle experience from end to end design through to C&Q and handover.
o Understands the project management process; programming, scope development, design development, implementation, and project closeout.
• Demonstrable experience of managing a diverse team of engineering professionals/contractors etc.
to deliver projects safely, on time and within budget.
• Solid background of planning and managing engineering projects with a demonstrated record of on time performance.
• Experience managing the overall financial performance of engineering projects, including cash flow, life cycle costs, business opportunities and risks, both at a project and at a portfolio level Familiar with project life-cycle stage-gate process.
• Demonstrated understanding of project management process; programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout
• Background working in multi discipline, cross functional teams.
• Experience designing complex projects within the pharmaceutical industry. Demonstrated experience and ability to effectively manage stakeholders Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.
• Demonstrable experience of managing programs and/or managing a team of engineers to deliver projects.
• Experience using SAP and budgeting tools.
• Demonstrable people management skills or experience managing cross functional project teams
• PMP ® or Chartered Engineer (CEng) status – Desirable
• Biologic Manufacturing site experience – Desirable