We are currently seeking to recruit a Microbiology Specialist for a North Dublin based Medical Device company. This is an excellent opportunity to join the quality team and gain hands on experience within a fast paced and rapidly growing company.
· Work within the R&D and projects team providing microbial testing
· Providing laboratory support to Research and Development, Engineering, Project teams and production.
· Overseeing the daily running of the microbial laboratory
· Growing and maintaining microbe cultures
· Development of new methods and techniques as required
· Observing high health and safety standards
· Record, Analyse and interpret data as dictated by current procedures
· Report writing
· Update any relevant documentation when requested
· Provide support and subject matter expert knowledge in investigations associated with deviations
· Meet with project team weekly and provide updates
· To keep the laboratory clean and tidy in all areas
Qualifications and Experience:
· A bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology or related science is required
· A minimum 2 years of laboratory experience in a regulated environment.
· Ability to work independently and meeting established timelines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to quickly learn new processes
· Good Attention to detail
· Numerical skills
· Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to support a growing organisation
· Remain up to date with scientific and research developments
· Able to work well in a team and manage own workload, working under minimal direction