Headcount Engineering is now seeking a VP Operations Director to oversee the end-to-end program management of strategic Operations for a leading Medical Devices company. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of all manufacturing and distribution operations, supply chain, and direct support functions. Developing long-term operation strategies for optimization of manufacturing operations in line with Division and Corporate objectives.
This position will also be responsible for overseeing the procurement materials management and material requirements planning. The position will be based in the Dublin office and will require travel (when safe) to existing manufacturing operations, contract manufacturers, logistics providers and suppliers. This position provides the opportunity for the successful candidate to joining the executive site leadership team within the company.
Position responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following;
– Exhibit leadership excellence and successful team-building skills
– Integrate the operations and processes of the group business units.
– Establish and maintain regular meetings to inform the organization of results and opportunities.
– Lead weekly operations meetings.
– Establish performance evaluation and development plans for any direct reports.
– Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer, Director of Quality and Engineering Managers to ensure that all relevant processes and documentation required for the production of high-quality products are in place.
– Work with the engineering team to ensure that the Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process is working correctly and that all relevant changes and corrective actions are being implemented at the contract manufacturers.
Forecasting and capacity planning
– Partner with the Group in forecasting product demand and trends and projects that are significant in both financial and operational impact;
– Ensure that forecasts are achievable and that material requirements are specified with proper
– Ensure that planned and projected company growth is supported by required operations processes and skill sets that will meet or exceed industry standards and customer requirements for cost, quality and service levels.
– Work closely with our contract manufacturers to ensure that all long lead-time components are ordered to meet sales forecasts
– Monitor the performance of all elements of the supply chain and recommend changes as appropriate.
– Participate in negotiations with key suppliers and manufacturing partners.
– Manage the relationship with third-party logistics providers and ensure that the most cost effective and efficient routes are being used. Establish metrics that monitor the logistics spend by logistics provider.
– Work with the Operations managers based in the other sites to ensure timely delivery of product manufactured to all International customers.
Accountability and performance measurement
– Lead the development and implementation of ongoing operating performance metrics that measure and report progress towards achieving both customer service and operational efficiency goals.
Product and process development
– Driving continuous improvement into activities within the Operational Excellence and Manufacturing Operations
– Develop new operational processes in support of both existing products and new product development strategy.
– Implement process improvements and leverage the talent of their team to consistently increase performance and productivity.
– Lead any ERP system changes or upgrade.
o A Degree in Business, Operations or Operations-related field.
o A minimum of ten years of Manufacturing/Operations Experience.
o Experience in Medical Device and/or Electro-mechanical product manufacturing
o Experience with lean manufacturing operations.
o Ability to influence others and work collaboratively; negotiation and consensus building skills
o Strong experience in procurement and inventory management
o Experience in the development of a best-in-class Operations culture and processes and the implementation of practices to achieve operating objectives.
o Experience working in a company which has a strong Quality Management system (ISO9001 or ISO13485))
o Strong analytical skills
o Strong written and verbal communication skills