Headcount Solutions is seeking an EHS Specialist to join the team at our client’s pharmaceutical facility in Limerick. This is an initial 6 months’ contract, with the main responsibilities as follows:
• Develops, implements and monitors environmental, health & safety programs to ensure compliance with all applicable government regulations and company standards and values.
• Works closely with manufacturing staff operations and the EHS Team to promote safe manufacturing practices, procedures, and proper use if containment equipment and facilities.
• Serves as EHS Facilitator.
• Identifies and addresses site EHS issues and employee concerns.
• Performs incident management activities including injury management investigations and associated recordkeeping.
• Identifies implements and tracks corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
• Performs EHS hazard assessments including industrial hygiene monitoring and makes recommendations to control hazards.
• Develops, implements and maintains training programs for health, safety and the environment.
• EHS input on process safety programme – CE marking / ATEX / Pressure Equipment.
• Responsible for developing appropriate emergency plans and response capabilities.
• Stays abreast of new EHS government regulations as they are promulgated as well as new developments in industry (best practices).
• Builds relationships with key departments to foster support for EHS programs.
• Develops and maintains the Environmental and Health & Safety Management System.
Experience and Required Skills:
• BS/BA in Health and Safety or related field and 6+ years of experience working in an EHS role within a regulated industry.
For further information please contact Mick on 086-0435195 or forward details in confidence to [email protected]