In partnership with this Electricity Power Generation company, Headcount Solutions is seeking a team of experienced HV Commissioning Engineer’s to work on a major offshore project in East Scotland.
Reporting to the Commissioning Manager and as part of a team, the Commissioning Engineers 400kV CE-SAP will be responsible for supporting the development and for implementing the high voltage network commissioning plan for the project. This will include supporting the development and for the implementation of high voltage safety rules and, ultimately, detailed commissioning procedures to be completed in order to achieve safe and successful energisation and commissioning of the project’s high voltage network.
· Support the development and implementation of an overarching high voltage network commissioning plan for the project.
· Support the development and implementation of high voltage safety rules for the project.
· Review of technical documentation provided by designers and construction contractors. Witness installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of plant and apparatus to ensure high quality installation and commissioning.
· Assist in the development and implementation of detailed commissioning procedures and switching plans for all elements of the project’s high voltage network.
· Assist in the development and implementation of an overarching grid code compliance testing plan for the project and management of its implementation, including taking a supporting role on the commissioning panel meetings on-going with Scottish Power Transmission.
· Identification of site materials including safety equipment requirements and, supported by the project’s commercial team, procurement of those resources.
· Monitoring and reporting on progress, including attending internal and external meetings as required.
· Provision of support to quality management activities on the project such as attendance at electrical equipment factory acceptance tests and site acceptance tests.
· Working from onshore substation, with the expectation that it will also involve working for extended periods offshore. Commissioning Engineers may also be required to be based in the Netherlands during part of the commissioning phase
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline or relevant work experience.
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience within the electricity networks sector, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a comparable role within the offshore wind sector is essential.
· Existing qualifications/authorisations in relation to high voltage network management to 66kV are essential and to 400kV are highly desirable
· Experience of and desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary project environment is required.
· Demonstrable knowledge in some or all of the following areas is required:
– High voltage network safety and commissioning practices.
– Standards associated with the electrical system design of transmission connected power projects, including knowledge of key aspects of the UK regulatory regime such as the Grid Code, the SQSS and the offshore transmission regime.
– Onshore and/or offshore construction standards, codes of practice and regulations/legislation.
– Project management practices and techniques.
– Working with the CDM (Construction Design and Management) Regulations, including a demonstrable understanding of health, safety and environmental best practice.
– Experience with cable systems and Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) to 400kV is highly desirable. Experience with control and protection schemes and devices is desirable.
For immediate consideration please forward your CV together with a covering note outlining your relevant experience to Andy Litchfield at Headcount Solutions.