Our client, a leading Biopharma facility, is now looking to appoint a Senior EHS specialist to join their fast expanding capital projects safety team. With continued investment and ongoing production expansion, this is a great opportunity to join an developing team focused on delivering programs to the highest standards. The EHS Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Act as an ambassador for the Incident and Injury Free culture on site, leading by example and demonstrating an actively caring mentality.
- Support the effective integration of EHS into the day to day activities, management and meeting structures.
- Become familiar with operational activities, identify opportunities for improvement and coordinate with local safety champions/management to bring forward improvement projects.
- Working within an EHS capital projects team, you’ll support the introduction of new products, equipment or technologies. Support these projects from design through to commissioning and implementation and finally handover to the operational area.
- Take ownership of specific EHS programs, develop plans and objectives to ensure their effective implementation, including relevant KPI tracking. Provide annual summary for relevant programs.
- Support management in carrying out incident investigations and monitor close out action items.
- Liaise with other members of the EHS department to ensure transfer of best practices are shared.
- Help develop team goals and objectives, including strategies for implementation, measuring and reporting.
- Experience and competence in bringing new materials, equipment, and projects to a site, from design through handover to the operational owners and effective integration into site EHS systems.
- Construction safety and high hazard work safety program development and implementation essential.
- Diploma/BSc/MSc in Environment, Health and Safety discipline or other related technical degree desirable.
- Experience working in pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing environment, essential.
- 8+ years experience of working in Environment, Health and Safety in the pharmaceutical or chemical industries. Biopharmaceutical experience is a benefit.
- Applied knowledge of Irish legislation and regulations essential.
- ISO14001 or ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Trained desirable.
- In depth knowledge of one or more technical aspects of EHS programs such as ATEX, electrical safety, Bio-safety, GMM, IH/chemical safety, and a high level of knowledge and experience across a range of topics.
- Ability to manage programs, working independently and across multiple functional areas to ensure effective implementation, delivering continual improvement, providing direction and leadership.
- Skills or experience in Industrial Hygiene/Chemicals, Emissions Trading, Process Safety