Project Manager – Biopharma
Website HeadcountGroup Headcount Solutions
Project Manager required for this leading Pharmaceutical site. The Project Manager will lead the management and execution of projects throughout the full project life cycle from initiation to closeout. The projects will include a diverse mix of capital and expense project that will include manufacturing process projects supporting tech transfers and plant optimizations.
- Accountable for meeting key project deliverables for safety, financial management, schedule management and scope management across these projects.
- Accountable for ensuring projects are compliant with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations and codes.
- Liaise with Global Engineering/Global EHS/Global Procurement to ensure all are aligned and support project deliverables.
- Leading & supporting project teams through projects
- Manage project prioritization and spend to meet budgetary targets
- Deliver design solutions in compliance with local/corporate safety standards and legislation and in compliance with corporate engineering and regulatory standards and guidelines
- Use planning tools to hold a complex project on schedule and coordinate parallel activities.
- Coordinate with facilities, EHS, QA, etc. Manage external factors such as planning and inspections.
- Identify project risks according to impact on scope, budget and schedule. Generate action plans to mitigate risks. Consider the potential impact construction and on time performance will have on the business should it cause an interruption and identify appropriate actions plans to mitigate risk.
- Generate and deliver a detailed project execution plan concerning the execution of all aspects of the project.
- Generate specifications for the procurement of equipment and Instrumentation, installation modification of equipment and systems, reduces equipment downtime. Collaborate with
- Procurement to ensure all procurement policies and procedures are followed.
- Offer innovative and novel approaches for design, function and construction using operational excellence tools in improving approaches for these activities.
- Manage start-up and commissioning of all project equipment and systems as required
- Coordinate engineering support of validation activities for equipment and systems as required.
- A degree in Chemical/Mechanical/Automation/Process Engineering
- Project management experience in the pharmaceutical industry – 5 years Desirable
- Demonstrable skills that can be applied to effectively manage and execute projects from initiation to completion:
- Demonstrable skills and competencies that will enable the successful candidate to be able to manage a diverse team of engineering professionals/contractors etc. to deliver projects safely, on time and within budget.
- Familiar with project life-cycle stage-gate process.
- Demonstrated understanding of the project management process, programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout
- Demonstrated experience and ability to effectively manage stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others.