Associate Director for Mechanical Building Services Design
North County Dublin, Full time
With a reputation for delivering engineering excellence, innovative processes, sustainability and low energy solutions, MMA Consulting Engineers is a leading Engineering consultancy that delivers bespoke solutions to national and global projects across the Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Corporate, Commercial, Residential and Leisure sectors.
This position is to lead the MMA Consulting Engineers Mechanical Building Services Design division and is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious engineer who wants to progress their career within an established design consultancy. The successful individual will be part of the MMA Consulting Engineers senior management team and be tasked with driving the delivery of design projects efficiently.
- Be the subject matter expert and point of contact for mechanical services design issues.
- Will deal directly with clients and design team members.
- Lead design projects for MMA Consulting Engineers.
- Allocation of workload across the MMA mechanical services design team.
- Participate in MMA management meetings to direct and guide operations and drive continuous improvement.
- Mentor junior/intermediate engineers to help develop their competencies and experience.
The candidate is expected to have 7+ years design experience including leading design team for medium to large projects and be looking to take on a management role in a design consultancy.
- Full knowledge of current design standards and Building Regulations.
- Be experienced in delivering cost efficient and sustainable mechanical services designs.
- Be knowledgeable in use of IES (or similar) software for heat loss and heat gain calculations.
- Be knowledgeable in use of AutoCad and Revit software packages, to enable draughtsmen. and modellers complete their work efficiently.
- Be experienced in dealing directly with clients and other design team members.
- Be comfortable with resolving design based issues/conflicts.
- Be capable of balancing and allocating workloads.
- Soft skills are important in this role to facilitate the smooth operation of both the MMA and client teams.
- Have experience of a wide range of projects encompassing industrial, commercial, educational and residential projects.
- The candidate needs to be comfortable with balancing and delivering multiple projects.