Headcount Solutions is seeking a Process Safety Engineer for our client’s Biologics facility in Meath. This person will support the Engineering Team in the start-up and integration of a new research and commercialisation manufacturing facility.
- Coordinate process safety and relevant assessments, improvement initiatives and programmes.
- Assess equipment and processes for compliance with EHS, process safety and relevant engineering standards.
- Perform gap assessments and implement remediation plans for compliance with EHS and relevant Engineering standards.
- Propose, develop and implement improvements and modifications from a process safety perspective.
- Perform process safety risk assessments
- Develop and implement safe systems of work for manufacturing and maintenance operations.
- Implement and maintain process and equipment safety management processes – statutory inspections, safety device inspection and testing, mechanical integrity, etc.
- Implement and maintain environmental management programmes.
- Chair and document process and equipment HAZOP assessments and other process safety related risk assessments for new / upgraded equipment and processes.
- Maintain the site HAZOP register and schedule periodic review of HAZOPs.
- Review and approve process safety related documentation, including process HAZOPs and other related safety and engineering assessments.
- Support introduction of new products and equipment to the site from a process safety perspective.
- Review Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) for new materials and chemicals; advise on requirements for the safe use, handling, and storage of the materials.
- Review plans and specifications for new machinery and equipment to make sure they meet safety requirements.
- Conduct safety audits and continuously improve the site safety management systems.
- 3rd level qualification in an Engineering, technical discipline or equivalent.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of safety and engineering standards and best practices.
- Experience in executing process safety risk assessments.
- Knowledge of environmental management programmes.
- Experience in the management of safe systems of work.
- Experience in Emergency Response structures and procedures.
- Experience in investigation and problem solving using structured problem-solving techniques.
- Proven experience in implementing change and project management.
For further information please contact Michael on 086-0435195 or forward details in confidence to [email protected]