Reporting to the Utilities Lead, the purpose of this role is to be a Process Engineer supporting the Wastewater Treatment Plant. This is a key role to ensure that the day to day operations of the utilities are provided to the WWTP to ensure compliance.
This role provides operational, quality, utility, environmental, safety and wastewater treatment services and expertise to WWTP to enable the manufacture of quality pharmaceutical products
- Ensure highest Compliance (Safety and Environmental) standards with site IED License,
Corporate policies, global standards, and procedures for WWTP.
- Management of day to day operations of WWTP operations.
- Ensure WWTP equipment availability, maximise performance of WWTP operations and identify/
implement continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Streamline and optimize WWTP plant processes.
- Be an active participant within the Utilities Engineering team sharing engineering best practices.
- Promote a culture of EHS excellence and provides high-quality safety, health and environmental technical leadership to assigned projects.
• Attending daily Tier meetings and follow-up.
• Assists in the management the site’s periodic EHS Self Assessments programme to assure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
• Responsible for investigating EHS Incidents related to the WWTP.
• Attending and responding to relevant Hazop studies and completion and follow-up of specific risk assessments.
• Responsible for representing WWTP for both internal and external audit inspections.
• Delegates for Utilities Lead as required.
• Provide environmental and EHS support for projects.
• Operate in full compliance with site, industry and EPA requirements in wastewater treatment and disposal.
• Participate in efficiency and streamlining projects which contribute to site initiatives and contribute to increased safety, process improvement cost saving etc.
Minimum 3 years’ experience operational experience in WWTP plant environment with experience in the utility management, wastewater treatment, safety and environmental compliance.
Degree or 3rd Level Qualification (Process/ Mechanical Engineering or EHS Environmental),
WWTP process and technology background: the successful candidate will understand how to drive optimization.
High level of knowledge of Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables.